Hancock County Tourism Commission Grants
The Hancock County Tourism Commission provides monetary grants to help support the tourism efforts in Hancock County. Grants can be awarded to any group or facility that is hosting or promoting a tourist event in Hancock County. Please look at the following guidelines for grant applications:
- A grant request can only be made once within a calendar year from the same organization or facility.
- The grant must support a tourist location, a festival, fair or event that brings tourism to Hancock County, or a project that will promote tourism to Hancock County.
- Grant applications will be considered for the support of advertising, publicity, and promotion of visitors, conventions, and tourism to Hancock County.
- Grant monies are not to be used to provide salaries or employment.
- A completed grant form must be submitted one week prior to the board's meeting.
- The board meetings occur on the second Tuesday of the month at 5pm in the City Council Chamber at the Keith McClarnon City Hall Building, 10 South State St, Greenfield, IN 46140.
- You will be notified that you will be on the agenda for the evening, and a representative from your organization MUST be present at the meeting to provide information and answer questions about your grant.
- You will need to provide a detailed accounting of your budget - - including a breakdown of the advertising budget - especially if this is the area where you are asking for support.
- You can submit supporting documents including: details and data from past events in regards to visitors and their origin; quotes for advertising expenses; letters of support; and any other information that you may want to include to explain your event to the board.
- Please come to the board meeting with extra copies of your grant - in case the board members did not have your grant form with them that evening.
- If you are awarded grant money, the board will issue you a check in the amount approved within a month of the board meeting.
- At the close of your event, or project you must provide a follow up report with receipts and/or documentation as to how the grant money was spent. This report can be submitted in writing to the HCTC board, and if you choose you can come to the board meeting and present a follow up report in person. Please contact the Executive Director of Tourism - to get added to the agenda. You can call at 317-477-8687 or you can email the director at email@example.com.
- If you do not use all of your grant money - please return the excess to the HCTC board.
The HCTC board meets monthly and grant money is awarded on a first come, first serve basis. Amounts that are awarded are based on individual requests.